Frequently Asked Questions
What are some of the advantages of Mid-Atlantic Equine Dentistry's services?
There are several key advantages that we offer:
- Flexible scheduling. Scott Wilson is based out of Myrtle Beach, SC, and is able to provide services along the Carolinas' coasts. Mike Cissell is based out of Aiken, SC.
- Since our company specializes solely in equine dentistry, we're able to provide full-care service cheaper than other full practice equine veterinarians due to the low overheard.
- Up-front pricing. There are no hidden charges or additional fees for sedation.
- No farm call fee!
- We also utilize shorter-acting sedation for basic dentistry which ensures your horse is able to be turned out or resume his normal daily activities within a short time after the completion of the procedure.
- Receive a complete report of your horse's dental examination for your records.
Why should I use a veterinarian as an equine dentist?
Veterinarians can legally perform procedures with appropriate sedation and pain management. Vets, especially those who specialize in equine dentistry, are able to diagnose and treat oral conditions such as loose or fractured teeth, periodontal disease, cavities, and root infections.